Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Seeing


Seeing

There is much in the natural world that corresponds to the spiritual world. This was brought to my attention recently as I had cataract surgery. I came away from that experience with the words to a song skipping around in my head---”I can see clearly now---” I had not realized how much true vision I had lost  because it was so gradual. My new world has color magnified, greater depth----I can judge distance between things instead of seeing a flat “paper doll” world--- and everything has sharply  defined lines.
In the same way we can gradually lose spiritual sight and discernment. God’s ways can become faded and flat and we see things from the world’s perspective and not His. At these times we need to go to the Great Physician and ask for  a new “lens.”  A lens that sees as He sees with sharp delineation between right and wrong- true color and not faded or “off color-”and discernment to see how far we are from our goals.
The words from “Amazing Grace” are so true for the believe---.”Was blind, but now I see.”

God’s Word speaks to spiritual blindness. In  Isa 6: 9  And He said, "Go, and tell this people:  'Keep on listening, but do not perceive; Keep on looking, but do not understand.'  10  "Render the hearts of this people insensitive, Their ears dull, And their eyes dim, Lest they see with their eyes, Hear with their ears, Understand with their hearts, And return and be healed." 

 Jesus had the remedy for that spiritual blindness in Rev. 3: 18  I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich, and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and [that] the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see.

Eph 1:18  [I pray that] the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment