Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jobs Well Done :The Defense Lawyer

The Defense Lawyer
I John 2: 1  My little children, I am writing these things to you that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2  and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for [those of] the whole world.
As a defense lawyer in God’ service, my job is to provide defense for the accused.  My part is not to sit in judgment, that belongs to Another. But somehow judgment is part of my sin makeup.  I pray for impartial reasoning as I seek truth and try to see my fellow men who are accused as You see them.  In the back of my mind is the fact that we all are guilty before our heavenly Judge and He provided for us (at His own expense) our Advocate, who also paid our penalty.  As the prosecution lawyer presents all the charges against my client, I am reminded that we also have an “accuser” before God.  But our Advocate tells Him “I have paid their penalty.  Release them in My custody for My Spirit will become their Parole Officer.”
 Father, help me do my job as defender with diligence so that I will hear Your words  “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

No comments:

Post a Comment