Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jobs Well Done--Devotions for Different Occupations

The Store Clerk:

Matt 25:21 Well done good and faithful servant.

The Lord is the store Owner.
As the clerk of His choosing (hiring) this is my job description.
My part is to turn the management over to Him. He is my Overseer.
My part is to be responsible for cleaning up and restocking the shelves of my life...taking my old sinful habits off the shelves and replacing them with His choices.
My part is to be a faithful clerk, not robbing Him of time, productivity or resources.
My part is to trust His management decisions on how to present His products. (salvation and forgiveness)
My part is to rearrage His resources so as to present in an attractive way  to those who come seeking them and to always give them a warm welcome.
May His words to me be "Well done good and faithful clerk."

1 comment: