Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

All It Takes Is a Word

ALL IT TAKES IS A WORD

Have you ever had a word grab you?  Yes, I mean just grab your attention and compel you to look at it.  Maybe out of a conversation or something you are reading?  It startles you and you begin to roll it around in your mind and look at it from different perspectives.  It begins to change shape and fit in different places and you begin to build around it.
This is what writing is to me.  I heard the word “continuing” this morning in a conversation and I don’t know where it will go but I will be expecting God to build on it as I listen quietly for what He gives me to put around it; just as a child builds with Lego pieces, fitting them here and there until they suit what is in his mind.
This afternoon I read another word that halted my reading...”answers.”  I had just finished a devotion in which I used the words “God answered” and I began to remember how many times He had answered me, sometimes long after I asked the question...more words!
Thank You, Father for words.  They are the “things of life.”  They wound; they encourage; they create tears and laughter; they entertain; they reveal truth; they show emotions; they show love and hate.  Sometimes they reveal your age.  They cause trust and distrust.  They prod us on; they convict; they condemn; and they show forgiveness and grace!  They swirl around in our minds like ice skaters.
I love them for what they do in my life.  I am reminded of John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.”    Who is this Word that was with God and was God?  It was Christ Jesus!
How appropriate that You, Lord, embody man’s way of communication, with words!  Even sign language has word meanings.  Without them, we are isolated; Without You we are isolated, unable to communicate fully with one another or with You.
Thank You, Lord, for words!!!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment