Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

NECESSARY LOSSES

NECESSARY LOSSES
Malachi 3:6 "For I, the Lord, do not change;
A friend is moving away.  It is hard to lose a likeminded friend.  I have lost several through the years.  So I face another change in my life, another loss.  It seems like a continuous cycle.
I remember a phrase I read years ago when I was young in my Christian faith...”necessary loses” and  I had asked God at that time “Why are they necessary?  What does it accomplish?”
And of course after many years, many loses and many changes, I can answer my own question!  It accomplishes greater trust in Him who never changes and who turns losses into gains.  Have I learned from my losses?  Yes, I have learned that though I do not know the plans He has for me, He does, and they are for a future and a hope.  (Jer. 29: 11  'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.).   I look with great expectation for the next gain He will bring about from this loss.
Hebrew 13:8  Jesus Christ [is] the same yesterday and today, [yes] and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment